Thursday, October 31, 2013

Filter Bubbles

I always sort of new that the internet knew the things you like and the things you search and click on, but some of things i didn't know was that more and more websites are using this type of algorithm to use people as the product. When I started buying things on amazon and it saw the things on searched for and bought, amazon started showing me advertisements on YouTube on things I've searched. I didn't realize that they were using this algorithm to use me as a product. As the internet uses this methods, it worries me that this will only show me things that it thinks that I like but not show me the things that are important to see. I think that is you make your searches more specific rather than a general topic, it will search for those key word and maybe it can give me the result I' looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment